WHY GOD? Ruth: Waiting on God's Timing (Week 1 Friday)
Message of Hope: God is still God during the good times and the bad times.
Take the time to read and answer the following questions. If you'd like, you can share them in the comments section of this blog entry. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. There is no answer key to go to ;) This is just a way of digging deeper into the Word and encouraging each other in our walk.
Listening and Learning:
1. Why do you think Naomi would attribute both good and bad crops to God.
2. Why does Naomi assume her daughter-in-laws would go with her?
3. Read verse 8 again. Why would Naomi wait until they are on their trip to encourage her daughter-in-laws to go back to their mother's home?
4. What cultural practices might there be that would make verse 12 and 13 make sense?
5. There seems to be plenty of evidence in this story to suggest that God has raised his fist against Naomi, but is there any evidence that might suggest that God has not raised his fist against her?
6. It seems that Naomi believes that all things, both good and bad come from God. How is this possible?
7. Most of the time people don't have a problem with the “good” coming from God, so what is the difference between all “bad” coming from God, and God allowing “bad” to happen even though it comes from another source like Satan?
Excerpts and questions used in this study are used by permission from