Message of Hope: God designed family to help each other.
Take the time to read and answer the following questions. If you'd like, you can share them in the comments section of this blog entry. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers.
Listening and Learning:
1. Why do you think Naomi is taking the responsibility to find Ruth a provider?
2. What might be the differences, if any, between a provider and a husband?
3. Read verse 3 again. Naomi seems to have specific intentions for Ruth. How might this fit with the responsibilities of a “family redeemer.”
4. Ruth has a reputation in town of being a virtuous woman. How would we describe the character qualities of a virtuous woman?
5. What virtuous characteristics do we see in Boaz?
Excerpts and questions used in this study are used by permission from