Listening and Learning:
1. What could verse 2 tell us about Ruth and Naomi's financial condition?
2. With what we have learned about Boaz in this story so far, why do you think he asks about Ruth in verse 5?
3. Read verses 8-9 again. Why does Boaz seem to go overboard in his kindness to Ruth?
4. What evidence do we find in this story that suggests Boaz has wholesome, upright and pure motives for his kindness to Ruth? In other words, that he is not romantically perusing Ruth?
5. What clues are in this story that would tell us if Ruth knows or does not know the family connections to Boaz?
Excerpts and questions used in this study are used by permission from