COMPASSIONATE KINDNESS. Ruth: Waiting on God's Timing (Week 3 Tuesday)
Message of Hope: Compassionate kindness towards others will bring you the greatest blessing.
Listening and Learning:
1. Last week we explored possible reasons why Boaz was being so kind to Ruth. In today's story what additional clues might we find as to why Boaz continues to single Ruth out with his kindness?
2. Why do you think Ruth, in verse 20, adds the comment, “as well as to your dead husband”?
3. Verse 20 talks about “family redeemers”. Does anyone have any commentary notes in their Bible that might help us better understand what a family redeemer is? Tip: The nearest male relative, was to help extended family who fell into economic difficulty.
4. How did this system raise or lower the importance of making good financial decisions?
5. How do you think accountability played into the family redeemer relationship.
Excerpts and questions used in this study are used by permission from