CHOICE. Ruth: Waiting on God's Timing (Week 2 Tuesday)
Message of Hope: God will always give you the freedom to choose. He does not force anyone.
Take the time to read and answer the following questions. If you'd like, you can share them in the comments section of this blog entry. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. There is no answer key to go to ;) This is just a way of digging deeper into the Word.
Listening and Learning:
1. Why do you think Naomi would, who believes and follows God, encourage Ruth to return to “her gods”? This seems out of character.
2. What do you think motivates Ruth to leave her people, her sister, and her gods and take on a whole new identity - a new people, and new family, and a new God?
3. Read verse 20-21 again. What could have been some of the reasons why Naomi and her husband left their people in the first place?
4. Last week's study spent quite a bit of time on questions concerning both good and bad coming from God. In verse 21, Naomi again credits God for both the good and the bad. What additional thoughts or insights do you have about this?
5. Why is freedom of choice so important?
Excerpts and questions used in this study are used by permission from